who are we ?
Aquitaine Spécialités, is the world leader in the manufacture of Canelés de Bordeaux, a traditional local pastry.
Created in 1993 by Bernard Lussaut, our SME located near Bordeaux, is a family-owned company. Over the years, the strong enthusiasm of customers has been accompanied by the development of our production tool, these developments have been made in respect of traditional know-how and the desire to maintain our quality requirements.
Quality being at the heart of our values, manufacturing process innovations have sustained the quality of our products which contain no preservatives, additives, coloring or GMOs.
The Canelé has gone from a confectioner's pastry to one of the symbols of Bordeaux Gourmand thanks to Bernard Lussaut and his teams who have deployed their energy to making the Canelé accessible to all, in France and abroad.
- The global ambassador of a Bordeaux specialty.
- More than 40 people dedicated to customer satisfaction.
- A production unit of more than 5000 m².
- The manufacture of more than 50 million Canelés per year.
- An IFS and BRC certified site.
- The market leader in bakeries and pastries as well as in traditional fresh pastries.
- Product referencing with mass distribution, supermarkets and the foodservice main players
- Customs Approvals from several countries :
United States, Canada, South Korea, ...
- Professional and attentive customer support.
- High quality Canelés.
- Production rationalisation.
- Logistics optimisation adapted to different markets.
- Just-in-time management or stored flows.
- An e-commerce service for the payment of online orders.
The main steps for Aquitaine Spécialités
Creation of Aquitaine Spécialités, Canelé production was artisanal at the time.
Beginning of the industrial phase with the first customers in supermarkets. It is also the beginning of the manufacture of frozen Canelés.
ISO 9001 certification acquisition.
ISO 22000 certification acquisition.
New Ecocert certified Organic Canelé.
Launching of honey recipe.
Sales force deployment in France and beginning export.
Production tool modernisation and expansion as well as implementing a new production site. Commitment to a CSR approach.
IFS & BRC certification.
Development of a Clean Label recipe to adapt to customer requests in terms of ingredients, labelling and quality charter.
Major investment in Research and Development to make use of innovations for all distribution networks.
Launching of chocolate and vanilla recipes. Many projects are under way to meet our customers' requirements.
World leader in the manufacture of Canelés de Bordeaux, a traditional local pastry. Quality being at the heart of our values, manufacturing process innovations have sustained the quality of our products which contain no preservatives, additives, coloring or GMOs.
05 56 74 71 30